Saturday, April 9, 2011

Are naps more healthy for mother or child?

I took a much needed nap yesterday afternoon.  Actually, I took a nap because I stayed up too late the night before watching an 90's movie.  I should have gone to bed anyway.  I didn't stay up late saving lives or feeding a newborn.  So, it seems selfish for me to nap during my kids' Spring Break.

When I woke up, my cute kids were playing nicely with each other.  They said Charleigh woke up from her nap and I needed to go take care of her.  I don't' wake up very quickly.  I am usually somewhere between wakefulness and my last dream.

I dreamt I was rearranging furniture and plants in my home.  I really never have had a large enough home of my own or a lot of furniture to make big changes. 

I put my plants on a shelf in a cupboard.  It wasn't a kitchen cupboard; more of a low priority cupboard.  A few weeks later, I opened the cupboard to find a few dead plants.

I love to psychoanalyze my own dreams.  Are the plants-my children?  Am I hoping they will raise themselves, while I take naps?  Am I a horrible mother? Or do I hate plants?  Or do I hate the "Green Movement"?

So, in answer to my question; are naps more healthy for mother or child?  I would like to say for Mother.  I as a mother need to go to bed early, eat healthy, serve others, so I can be the best Mom for my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment